Sometimes when working, we need a helping hand. Google Drive allows us to collaborate with our colleagues, giving us not only a helping hand, but a leg up on our competition. The comments feature in Spreadsheets was recently improved, allowing us to collaborate more effectively. Follow the steps below to utilize this new feature, and boost your Spreadsheet to the next level.
Improved Comments in Google Spreadsheets
- Open a Spreadsheet and select a cell.
- Select 'Insert' and then 'Comment.' (You also can right click and select 'Add Comment')
- Type in your comment and hit enter.
- Cells with comments will be easily recognized by a yellow triangle in the top corner of the cell. When you hover over the cell, you'll see the full discussion. 'Reply' to the comment, and once your collaboration is complete select 'Resolve.'
- Once a comment discussion is marked as 'Resolved', the cell will no longer be highlighted, but you can select 'Comments' to view previous discussions.
- Mention someone to automatically include them in a discussion. To do so type +[person's name] or @[person's name]. You also can type their email address instead of their name. They will automatically be sent a notification via email, from there they can reply to the comment without leaving their inbox.
- The total number of comments are noted at the bottom of the spreadsheet on the sheet tab. Scrolling over the comment icon shows all of the comments on that sheet.
Collaboration is changing the way we work with our documents. Let the improved comments give you a hand, leg, or whichever body part you prefer to master your next spreadsheet. If you enjoyed this blog, give it a +1 so others can benefit from it as well.
Labels: adding person to comments, Drive, google apps for business, Google docs, Google Drive, insert comments in spreadsheet, working with google spreadsheets