Google is constantly updating and improving it’s online productivity suite, Google Drive. Recently, Google announced Add-Ons for Docs and Sheets
, which are tools created by developer partners to give us even more features in our documents and spreadsheets. In this month’s Pro Tip we will show you how to enable add-ons, and recommend a few of our favorites
To get add-ons for Docs, simply locate the Add-ons menu, and select Get add-ons. Hint: add-ons for Sheets works exactly the same way.
The add-ons menu will open, allowing you to browse or search. We encourage you to take a look around, and install a few add-ons!
After you find the add-on you would like to use, like Google Translate, select Free to install.
To finish installing, click Accept.
You can access any installed add-ons from the Add-ons menu.
There are many different add-ons to further manipulate how we use Docs and Sheets. Here are a few to check out to get you started.
- Track Changes - Review and approve changes made to your document, similarly to how you could in Microsoft Word
- Merge by MailChimp - Send customized emails directly from a Google Doc.
- Hello Sign - Electronic signatures
As you can see, these add-ons can certainly save time and make things easier in Docs and Sheets. If you enjoyed this post, please +1 or share others who may find it useful. Feel free to also add your questions or comments below.
- Yet Another Mail Merge - Create your mail template as a draft in Gmail and merge it with your Sheets data.
- Workflows - Automatically send our emails and gather the approvals you need.
- Mapping Sheets - Plot your own data onto a Google Map directly from Sheets.
Labels: add-ons, addons, ditoprotip, docs, Drive, Google Drive, sheets